Monday 18 March 2013

Chocolate Tart



The last time I was in Pune, I went to a relatively new restaurant - Zodiac. The place had an American diner feel with all the classics. After stuffing myself silly with sticky chicken wings and a massive burger; it was time for dessert! The waiter insisted we try the chocolate tart. One bite and I was in heaven.

Unfortunately, there aren't many eating joints in Ahmedabad that I like going to. So, understandably, I had to try making a chocolate tart! The factor that truly tipped the scale was when my uncle brought a full litre of cream home!

This tart is a chocolate eater’s heaven; the only bad part is that it is so light that you may just end up eating the whole thing!

Ingredients –
·         1 9-inch Pre-baked Tart Shell
·         175g Dark Chocolate
·         200ml Cream
·         50g Sugar
·         2 Eggs, lightly beaten
·         Whipped Cream or Ice-cream to serve

Melt the cream and chocolate together over a pan of simmering water. Once it’s slightly cooled, gently beat the egg in and add the sugar. Pour this mixture into the tart shell and bake in an oven preheated to 170C for 20 minutes or till the sides are set and the centre is still a little wobbly. Serve warm with a dollop of cream or a scoop of ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment