Sunday 17 March 2013

Masterchef Chicken



I auditioned for a show called Masterchef India in 2012. This is the recipe that got me through! Masterchef gave me a lot of confidence, even though I did not get through the interview round. It gave me the push that I desperately needed! Thank you Aaditya Vaze for all the motivation and belief you had in me!

When I think of comfort food, grease is incredibly important! These cheesy delights will certainly hit the spot!

Ingredients –
·         500g minced Chicken
·         300g Cheese
·         50g Butter
·         25g Celery, finely chopped
·         25g Spring Onion, finely chopped
·         1 Chilly, finely chopped
·         5 cloves minced Garlic
·         2 tbsp Flour
·         1 Egg, lightly beaten
·         Oil for shallow frying
·         Salt and pepper to taste

Grate the cheese and thoroughly mix with the butter, celery, spring onion, chilly and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate till the mixture is rather firm.

Add the flour and egg to the chicken and mix.

Evenly divide the cheese and chicken into 10 segments. Roll a segment of cheese into a cylinder and cover it evenly with a segment of chicken. Repeat the same till you have 10 chicken covered cheese cylinders.

Roll each cylinder in a mixture of flour, salt and red chili powder. Shallow fry; till they are golden brown, serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Aah, sounds delicious:)) Do recommend a wine to go along with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really tried any wine with it; but I think a rose champagne or wine would go really well. The acidity of the rose would counter the rich cheesy flavor. Also, you could try a sparkling white wine as it would complement the celery and spring onion in the cheese. Let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete